New Year, New You! I love the fresh start of a new year but I also have an internal clock that likes to restart in August for a new school year. You can take the teacher out of the classroom but you can’t take the teacher out of my blood. But I am super pumped for 2018. I feel as though I’m more focused on some things I want to accomplish this year and that makes me excited.
Know what else? I’m thrilled to be her today with The Blended Blog ladies for our first Monday of the month TBB Asks. Hope you’re joining in on the fun with us!
1. Resolutions or not? I’m in for these but I’m more inclined to call them goals. That feels a little less threatening or failure prone.
2. I love snow! I miss that we don’t have much of it in Texas.
3. Where do I want to go this year? At the moment I’m planning a little birthday weekend away to celebrate the hubs turning 45. There is a little hotel in Fredericksburg, Texas that is a converted airplane hangar decked out in WWII decor. He’ll love it!
4. New haircut or color is hard for me to choose but I’ll say cut.
5. Not that special but I want to learn some crafty things like knitting, hand lettering or taking cooking lessons. I found Creative Bug which has lots of crafty things to learn online. I’m excited!
6. January is long. The days are short and darkness sets in early. I have always disliked that and add grey skies and January can easily become my least favorite month.
7. January lends itself to cozy nights by the fire because of the chilly temps.
8. All the Christmas decorations are down and packed up by New Years Day.
9. I’m always kinda dieting or rather watching what I eat.
10. I’m totally focused on the kitchen right now. We are planning some updates during 2018 so I’m perusing lots of little things I want to add to make it oh so pretty.
11. My favorite winter comfort food is soup. Probably any kind of soup or chili.
12. Baking anything sweet. I made this skillet cookie for two on Saturday afternoon to enjoy with our coffee.